I got tagged with this by Cat2260
First, here are the rules:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post - some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
- My decision to study Meteorology was a very quick one. Probably in less than a week. When I looked up schools Plymouth was really the first one that I got in a Google search. I visited and it seemed pretty good. It was the only school I applied too.
- I was declined a job my first year by my current boss 😛
- Sometimes I wonder if I made the right career decision. But I just keep finding new ways to employ my skills to the field.
- I hate waste. It is my biggest pet peeve. I mean any kind of waste including food, gas, energy, and money. The only thing that makes it worse is the people that not only waste, but they don't realize how fortunate they are and that there are many people out there who are not as luck as they are.
- Though I love Mac OS and I have been using it for pretty much all my life, I love building computers and working with the hardware. Which you can do with Macs to a certain extent. But I wish that Apple would make their computers a little more like PCs as far as hardware is concerned. Also, sometimes Apple does things that confuse or just plain irritate me.
- I have zero tolerance for people that annoy me. Usually I'll try to get to know someone before I form an opinion of them. But once I get to the point where someone is bothering me, the relationship is pretty much over. I don't deal with drama.
- I never use 2 spaces after a period. Despite the number of people who have told me otherwise. With modern non-fixed width fonts it is just not needed. I don't care. It's like a waste of energy to me. I have not and will not ever put 2 spaces after a period.
I have no idea who to tag on this thing that have not already been tagged. Let's make this fun, the first 7 people to comment are tagged 😛
For our final lab assignment we had to make a news section for the members. Now members can write news posts! Check it out here: http://turing.cs.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/using_mysql2/
The website that I have been working on for my web programming class has been using text files in order to store all of it's data. For this week's lab we had to convert everything to a MySQL database. In order to make this as simple as possible I moved the site on to turing. It should act just like the old one but trust me, it is a lot sweeter 🙂 Check it out here: http://turing.cs.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/using_mysql/
For this lab I actually did quite a bit of work on the site. Though it may not look like it. I know the design is terrible. Deal with it 😛 Anyways, now every page has an intelligent counter that does not require any changes whenever a new page is made that includes the header. This makes things much easier for me to update. There is also a basic member's area. Check it out: http://oz.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/using_php5/index.html
Lab this week was actually kind of fun. I keep looking forward to each lab because it lets me learn something that will probably be useful in the long run. This one especially. The site now has a member registration form. You can sign up and view who else has signed up. I wish I had more time to make the CSS prettier and eventually I have to re-think the navigation because it is starting to get ridiculous. Anyways, Check it out here: http://oz.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/using_php4/index.html
This Lab assignment required us to make a statistics page for out site that keeps track of the number of hits to each page of the site. I even used the google chart API to make a spiffy bar graph. Unfortunately the URL for the image does not pass validation and I don't know why. But since there is nothing else wrong with my XHTML I'm leaving it in. Check it out: http://oz.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/using_php3/
For our Web Programming lab this week we had to write a php script that would parse through an apache log file and print a summary of the root directory requests. The instructor told us that he would give us extra points if we did it with regular expressions. So, of course I did. 🙂
Check it out here: http://oz.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/php_parse/log.php
We also had to use some php to add a better image gallery to our super hero website. I did not go too crazy with this one but here it is:
Yet another post for my Web Programming class. We have started to dabble with PHP so I have added a hit counter to Milton's home page as well as a date stamp. Other changes have been made too but you can't see them 😛 Check it out: http://oz.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/using_php/
For this assignment we had to use a yahoo css template to make our website even prettier. This would have been easier if the template actually validated. But it's all good now. The only problem is that the tag that I used to make the iPhone CSS work is not recognized by the validator. But I'm leaving it in there since this is how Apple tells you to do it. Check it out and let me know what you think! http://oz.plymouth.edu/~mpbedard/webprog/css_action2/index.html